Research Publications During 2014
1. Balamurugan V, Apsana R, Raju DSN, Abraham S, Reddy MGB, Govindaraj G, Nagalingam M, Hemadri D, Veeregowda BM, Gajendragad MR and Rahman H. (2014). Epidemiological investigation of the peste des petitis ruminants outbreaks in Tumkur district, Karnataka, India. Journal of Pathology Research, 3: 071-075.
2. Balamurugan V, Das S, Raju DS, Chakravarty I, Nagalingam M, Hemadri D, Govindaraj G, Ibotombi Singh N, Ltu K, Devi M, Sharma K, Gajendragad MR, Rahman H. (2014). Prevalence of peste des petits ruminants in goats in North-East India. Virus disease, 25: 488-92.
3. Balamurugan V, Das S, Raju DSN, Chakravarty I, Nagalingam M, Hemadri D,.Govindaraj G, Singh IN. (2014). Prevalence of peste des petits ruminants in goats in North-East India. Virus Disease, DOI:10.1007/s13337-014-0237-5.
4. Balamurugan V, Sushma RA, Thirumalesh, Sridevi R, Govindaraj G, Nagalingam M, Hemadri D, Gajendragad MR and Rahman H. (2014). Microscopic agglutination test analysis identifies prevalence of intermediate species serovar in ruminants in endemic states of India. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Section B: Biological Sciences.DOI:10.1007/s40011-014-0469-6.
5. Choori P, Patil SS, Ratnamma D, Sharada R, Chandranaik BM, Isloor I, Geetha S and Rahman H. (2014). Marker vaccines against classical swine fever- A Review. Indian Journal of Comparative Microbiology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, 35: 1-8.
6. Divakara SSSU, Goutham BM, Venkateswarlu Y, Jyothi EK, Raju R, Krishnamoorthy P, Shome BR and Haldar J. (2015). Membrane-active macromolecules resensitize NDM-1 gram negative clinical isolates to tetracycline antibiotics. PlosOne, 10: DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119422.
7. Govindaraj G, Thorat G and.Rathnakumar AL. (2015). Production duality, profitability, driving forces and constraints in organic peanut cultivation in India. Organic Agriculture (Springer). DOI:10.1007/s13165-015-0117-3(in press).
8. Gowda NKS, Pal DT, Krishnamoorthy P, Verma S, Maya G and Prasad CS. (2014). Response of chelated Copper and Zinc supplementation in Rambouillet crossbred lambs under intensive system. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants, 20: 33-37.
9. Krishnamoorthy P, Gowda NKS, Vallesha NC, Rajendran D, Maya G, Verma S and Rahman H. (2014). Effect of subchronic fluoride exposure on immune status and histopathology in rats and its ameliorative measures. Fluoride, 48, In press.
10. Krishnamoorthy P, Gowda NKS, Vallesha NC, Rajendran D, Maya G, Verma S, Raghavendra A and Rahman H. (2014). Effect of long term fluoride toxicity on immunity and pathology in Wistar albino rat. Indian Journal of Veterinary Pathology 38:164-168.
11. Krishnamoorthy P, Patil SS, Shome R and Rahman H. (2015). Seroepidemiology of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis and brucellosis in organised dairy farms in southern India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 85, In press.
12. Mitra SD, Ghosh SK, Krishnamoorthy P, Chakraborty A, Nimita VC, Roy M, Shome BR, and Rahman H. (2014). Characterization of TLR expression in Staphylococcus aureus induced mastitis in mice model by probe based real time PCR. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 84: 1043?1047.
13. Modak R, Das Mitra S, Vasudevan M, Krishnamoorthy P, Kumar M, Bhat AV, Bhuvana M, Ghosh SK, Shome BR, Kundu TK. (2014). Epigenetic response in mice mastitis: Role of histone H3 acetylation and microRNA(s) in the regulation of host inflammatory gene expression during Staphylococcus aureus infection. Clinical Epigenetics, 6: 12.
14. Mundas S, Rao S, Byregowda SM, Satyanarayana ML, Patil SS and Yathiraj S. (2014). Rabies: A pathomorphological and immunohistochemical evaluation in animals. Journal of Cell and Tissue Research, 14: 4027-4031.
15. Muttannagouda RB, Veeregowda BM, Shome R, Leena G, Isloor S, Kamran AC, Apsana R and Krithiga N. (2014). Serodiagnosis of brucellosis in cattle and goats in organized farms of Karnataka. Indian Journal of Comparative Microbiology and Immunology and Infectious Disease, 35: 30-33.
16. Patel JM, Vihol PD, Prasd MC, Kalyani IH, Raval JK, Patel KM, Thirumalesh SRA, Balamurugan V. (2014) Seroepidemiological pattern of leptospirosis in bovine of South Gujarat, India, Veterinary World, 7: 999-1003.
17. Raveesha S, Govindaraj G, Ahmed T and Bharamappanavara SC. (2015). Growth rate analysis of the primary co-operative agriculture and rural development banks (PCARDBs) in Karnataka, India. Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 6:355-360.
18. Reddy MGB, Sumana K, Babu S, Yadav J, Balamurugan V, Hemadri D, Patil SS, Suresh KP, Gajendragad MR and Rahman H. (2014). Pathological and molecular characterization of capripox virus outbreak in sheep and goats in Karnataka. Indian Journal of Veterinary Pathology, 39: 11-14.
19. Reddy MGB, Sumana K, Shankar BP, Patil, SS and Rahman H. (2014). Diagnosis and Molecular phylogeny of rabies virus in Indian wolf. Indian Journal of Veterinary pathology (Accepted).
20. Rudramurthy GR, Sengupta PP, Lakkundi JN, Ligi M, D?Souza PE and Rahman H. (2015). Sequencing and analysis of invariant surface glycoprotein (ISG) gene from Trypanosoma evansi dog isolate. Research in Biotechnology, 6: 1-9.
21. Rudramurthy GR, Sengupta PP, Metilda B, Balamurugan V, Prabhudas K, and Rahman H. (2015). Development of an enzyme immunoassay using recombinant invariant surface glycoprotein (rISG) 75 for serodiagnosis of bovine trypanosomosis. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 53: 7-15.
22. Samantha AK, Jaypal N, Kolte AP, Senani S, Sridhar M, Dhali A, Suresh KP, Jayram C and Prasad CS. (2014). Process for enzymatic production of xylooligosacharides from the xylan of corn cobs. Journal Food processing and Preservation. DOI: 10.1111/jfpp.12282.
23. Sengupta PP, Rudramurthy GR, Ligi M, Roy M, Balamurugan V, Krishnamoorthy P, Nagalingam M, Singh L and Rahman H. (2014). Sero-diagnosis of surra exploiting recombinant VSG antigen based ELISA for surveillance. Veterinary Parasitology, 205: 490-498.
24. Shome R, Filia G, Padmashree BS, Krithiga N, Sahay S, Triveni K, Shome BR, Mahajan V, Singh A and Rahman H. (2015). Field evaluation of lateral flow assay in investigation brucellosis outbreak in buffalo farm of North India (Accepted in Veterinary World).
25. Shome R, Gupta VK, Narayana RK, Shome BR, Nagalingam M and Rahman H. (2014). Detection of Brucella melitensis Rev?1 vaccinal antibodies in sheep in India. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 2: 19 ? 22.
26. Shome R, Krithiga N, Padmashree B, Sankarasubramanian J, Udayakumar SV, Jayavel S, Gunasekaran P, Rajendhran J and Rahman H. (2014). Draft genome sequence of Brucella abortus S99: designated antigenic smooth reference strain used in diagnostic tests in India. Genome Announcements, 2: e00824-14.
27. Shome R, Nagarathna C, Prashant G, Nagalingam M, Padmashree BS, Triveni K Shome B R, Gupta VK and Rahman H. (2014). Sexual transmission of human brucellosis: Case studies. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, 61: 61-67.
28. Shome R, Padmashree BS, Krithiga N, Triveni K, Sahay S, Shome BR, Singh P, Rahman H. (2014). Bovine brucellosis in organized farms of India - An assessment of diagnostic assays and risk factors. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 2: 557-564.
29. Shome R, Padmashree BS, Triveni K, Sahay S, Krithiga N, Shome BR and Rahman H. (2015). Spatial distribution of brucellosis in small ruminants of India using indigenously developed ELISA kit (Accepted in Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology)
30. Sood R, Khandia R, Bhatia S, Hemadri D, Kumar M, Patil SS, Pateriya AK, Siddiqui A, Kumar MS, Venkatesha MD, Kulkarni DD. (2014). Detection and molecular characterization of naturally transmitted sheep associated malignant catarrhal fever in cattle in India. Tropical Animal Health, DOI 10.1007/s11250-014-0611-8.
31. Suresh KP and Gajendragad. (2014). Errors in Clinical Trials: An overview. Lab world Magazines, 3: 21-23.
32. Suresh KP, Gajendragad MR and Rahman H. (2014). Design and Analysis of observational studies. International Journal of Infertility and Fetal medicine, 5: 33-39.
33. Uppu DS, Manjunath GB, Yarlagadda V, Kaviyil JE, Ravikumar R, Paramanandham K, Shome BR, Haldar J. (2015) Membrane-active macromolecules resensitize ndm-1 gram-negative clinical isolates to tetracycline antibiotics. PLoS One, 10: e0119422 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119422.
34. Yarlagadda V, Mohini MK, Goutham BM, Relekar GP, Bhuvana M, Krishnamoorthy P, Shome B R, Raju R, Subhankari PC, Somenath R, Haldar J. (2015) In vivo antibacterial activity and pharmacological properties of the membrane-active glycopeptide antibiotic YV11455. International Journal of Antimicrobial agents, S0924-8579 (15) 00107-7.
Research Publications During 2013
1. Balamurugan V, Krishnamoorthy P, Veeregowda BM, Sen A, Rajak KK, Bhanuprakash V, Gajendragad MR, and Prabhudas K. (2012). Seroprevalence of Peste des petits ruminants in cattle and buffaloes from Southern Peninsular India. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 44:301-6.
2. Bhure SK. Chandan S, Amachwadi RG, Patil SS, Rajeswari Shome, Gangadhar NL, Gajendrgad MR and Prabhudas K (2012) Development of a novel multiplex PCR for detection of Brucella, Leptospiraand Bovine herpesvirus-1. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 82: 1285-1289.
3. Chandranaik BM, Rathnamma D, Patil SS, Kovi RC, Dhawan J, Ranganath S, Isloor S, Rumman M, Renukaprasad C and Prabhudas K. (2012). Application of TaqMan probe based Real Time PCR for detection of BoHV-1. Asian Pac. J Trop BioMe. 982-987
4. Chandranaik BM, Rathnamma D, Patil SS, Kovi RC, Dhawan J, Ranganath S, Isloor S, Rumman M, Renukaprasad C and Prabhudas K. (2012). Development of a probe based Real time PCR assay for detection of Bovine herpes virus-1 in semen and other clinical samples. Indian J Virol. (DOI:10.1007/s13337-012-0112).
5. Manjunatha Reddy GB, Mishra AK, Shivasharanappa N, Gupta DK, Sharma DK, Gupta VK and Ashok Kumar. (2012). Prevalence and identification of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in healthy and diarrhoeic goats, Indian J. Comp. Microbiol. Immunol. Infect. Dis. 33:25-28.
6. Mazumdar Y, Das A, Kar D, Shome BR, Dutta BK and Rahman H. (2012). Isolation of Bordetella bronchoseptica from pigs in north-eastern India. J. Anim. Sci. Adv. 2: 396 ? 406
7. Mitra SD, Velu D, Bhuvana M, Krithiga N, Banerjee A, Shome R, Rahman H, Ghosh SK, and Shome BR. (2013). Staphylococcus aureus spa type t267, clonal ancestor of bovine subclinical mastitis in India. J. Appl. Microbiol. Doi: 10.1111/jam.12186.
8. Pathak PK, Mahanty AK, Rahman H and Borah TR. (2012). Traditional breeding management of Yak (P. grunniens) in NEH region of India. Asian Agri-History 16: 279-285
9. Patil SS, Hemadri D, Veeresh H, Chandranaik BM and Prabhudas K. (2012). Genetic characterization of BoHV-1 isolates in India. Indian. J. Anim. Sci., 82:848-850
10. Rahman H, Pal P, Bandyopadhyay S and Chatlod LR. (2012). Epidemiology of gastrointestinal parasitism in goats in Sikkim. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 82: 355? 358
11. Rahul Modak, Susweta Das Mitra, Krishnamoorthy P, Akhsay Bhat, Apala Banerjee, Gowsica BR, Bhuvana M, Velu Dhanikachalam, Krithiga Natesan, Rajeswari Shome, Bibek Shome R and Tapas K. Kundu. (2012). Histone H3K14 and H4K8 hyperacetylation is associated with Escherichia coli induced mastitis in mice. Epigenetics., 7: 492-501
12. Rajeswari Shome, Nagalingam M, NarayanaRao BK, JayapaulGowda B, Shome R, and Prabhudas K. (2012). Diagnosis of human brucellosis by laboratory standardized IgM and IgG ELISA. Scientific Research Journal of India.1: 40-52.
13. Rudramurthy GR, Sengupta PP, Balamurugan V, Prabhudas K and Rahman H. (2013). PCR based diagnosis of trypanosomiasis exploring invariant surface glycoprotein (ISG) 75 gene. Vet. Parasitol. 193:47? 58.
14. Sengupta PP, Balumahendiran M, Balamurugan V, Rudramurthy GR and Prabhudas K. (2012). Expressed truncated N-terminal variable surface glycoprotein (VSG) of Trypanosoma evansi in E. coli exhibits immuno-reactivity. Vet Parasitol, 187:1-8.
15. Sengupta PP, Balumahendiran M, Raghavendra AG, Honnappa TG, Gajendragad MR and Prabhudas K. (2013). Prevalence of Neospora caninum antibodies in dairy cattle and water buffaloes and associated abortions in the plateau of southern peninsular India. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 45:205?210.
16. Sengupta PP. (2012). Sarcoptic mange in goats: prevention and control. Indian Farming, 62: 38-40.
17. Shome BR, Bhubana M, Mitra SD, Krithiga N, Shome R, Velu D, Banerjee A, Sengupta PP and Rahman H. (2012). Multiplex PCR for rapid detection of Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus uberis and Streptococcus dysagalactiae in subclinical mastitis milk. Indian J. Anim Sci. 82: 1137-1141.
18. Shome BR, Bhuvana M, Mitra SD, Krithiga N, Shome R, Velu D, Banerjee A, Barbuddhe SB, Prabhudas K and Rahman H. (2012). Molecular characterization of Streptococcus agalactiae and Streptococcus uberis isolates from bovine milk. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 44:1981?1992.
19. Veeresh BH, Hiremath SV, Patil SS and Desai GS. (2011). Expression pattern of Toll like receptors in selected tissues of swine. Indian J. Comp. Microbiol. Immunol. Infect. Dis. 32:22-26.
20. Veeresh BH, Hiremath SV, Patil SS, Hemadri D and Shome BR. (2012). Tissue specific mRNA expression pattern of swine Toll like receptors (TLRs) 1-10. Research and Reviews: J of Vet Sciand Tech. 1: 14-23.