RTI Act provides for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority. Parliament enacted the Right to Information Act (RIA) on June 15, 2005. Right to information includes the right to inspect works, documents, records; take notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records; take certified samples of material; and obtain information in the form of printouts, diskettes, floppies, tapes, video cassettes or in any other electronic mode.
What is Record?
It includes any document, manuscript, file, microfilm, microfiche, facsimile copy of a document, reproduction of images, or any other material produced by a computer or any other device
What is Information?
It means any material in any form including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force but does not include "file notings."
Scope and definitions:(RFD):
In accordance with the provisions of the Right to Information Act, ICAR-NIVEDI shall provide :
1. The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties.
2. The powers and duties of its officers and employees.
3. The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
4. The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
5. The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
6. A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
7. The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or presentation by. the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof.
8. A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
9. A directory of its officers and employees.
10. The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
11. The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made.
12. The manner of execution of subsidy programs, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programs.
13. Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it.
14. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it. reduced in an electronic form
15. The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers.
16. Such other information as may be prescribed; and thereafter update these publications every year
An FAQ page on the Right to Information Act, 2005, maintained by the Government of India, accessible at http://rti.gov.in may be consulted.
Procedure for obtaining information1. The request for seeking information under the RTI Act should be submitted to the officers mentioned below either by post, person or e-mail along with prescribed payment.
2. The request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section (6) shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the ICAR –NIVEDI, Bangalore.
3. The fee chargeable for providing the required information under subsection (1) of section 7, Shall be:
a). Rs.2/- per page for A4 or A-3 size papers created or copied;
b). Rs.5/- per page for a copy beyond A4 size or in large size paper
c). For inspection of records, no fees for the first hour; and Rs.5/- for every 15 minutes thereafter.
4. For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the following fees are applicable
a). For information provided in diskette or floppy or CDs, Rs. 50/- per diskette or floppy or CD
b). For information provided in printed form at a price fixed for such publication or Rs.2/- per A4 page of photocopy,
c). Actual cost or price for other modes of copying, e.g. tapes ? audio, or video, or other media.
5. For obtaining the information, the applicant should fill the application form (enclosed) and should also furnish whether he/she is an Indian and his/ her full address.
6. The fees should be paid to the cashier of the Institute and obtain the receipt. Fees to be deposited with Cashier , ICAR-NIVEDI, Bangalore-64
RTI cell of the institute - NIVEDI
Sl.no Name of the Officer Designation Contact details Specific affiliations
Mr. Rajeevalochana A.A.O. email@example.com
080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 102) Assistant Public Information Officer
2. Dr. Rajeswari Shome Principal Scientist Rajeswari.Shome@icar.gov.in
080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 132) Central Public Information Officer
3. Dr. Divakar Hemadri Principal Scientist Divakar.Hemadri@icar.gov.in
080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 133) Transparency Officer
4. Dr. Parimal Roy Director 080-23093100 firstname.lastname@example.org Appellate Authority
|Sl.no||Name of the Officer||Designation||Contact details||Specific affiliations|
|1.||Mr. Rajeevalochana||A.A.O.||email@example.com 080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 102)||Assistant Public Information Officer|
|2.||Dr. Rajeswari Shome||Principal Scientist||Rajeswari.Shome@icar.gov.in 080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 132)||Central Public Information Officer|
|3.||Dr. Divakar Hemadri||Principal Scientist||Divakar.Hemadri@icar.gov.in 080-23093110/23093111 (Ext - 133)||Transparency Officer|
|4.||Dr. Parimal Roy||Director||080-23093100 firstname.lastname@example.org||Appellate Authority|