Dear Fellow-Research Scientists and Readers,
Greetings on behalf of my fellow Research-Scientists and Colleagues.
It gives me immense pleasure to invite you all to our web-portal of NIVEDI. The ability to detect outbreaks early is important to minimize morbidity and mortality through timely implementation of disease prevention and control measures. Early warning activities , mainly based on disease surveillance, reporting and epidemiological analysis are supported by the Geographical information system that enable integration , analysis and sharing of animal health data combined with relevant layers of information such as livestock population , Landuse/cover, Metrological data , Remote Sensing data etc.. Delay in the detection of outbreaks and inadequate preparedness and response aggravates the impact of spread of diseases, leading to increased numbers of cases, increased duration of epidemics, excess mortality and the potential for spread to other areas nationally, regionally, or globally. National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics (NIVEDI) is the only institute catering to the needs of surveillance and monitoring of livestock diseases and thereby caring for the country's animal health. Livestock population and disease profiles available in the databank are the cynosure of the institute. Different units of NIVEDI are working towards designing of various forecasting and forewarning modules in order to predict the livestock disease outbreaks. Spatial epidemiology, temporal epidemiology and molecular epidemiology of various livestock diseases are routinely studied which are of utmost importance in formulating the disease control strategies. The institute has also developed spreadsheet modules for economic impact analysis of various diseases causing abortions in livestock.
NIVEDI - National Institute Of Veterinary Epidemiology And Disease Informatics, formerly known as Project Directorate of Animal Disease Monitoring and Surveillance (PD_ADMAS),has a long successful history of delivering predicted informatics and solutions for various animal diseases. The institute has been setup under the regulations of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), a Central Government organization under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, set up an All India Research Project on Animal Disease Monitoring and Surveillance, (AICRP on ADMAS). aiming towards providing the country with comprehensive animal health information, prevalence of diseases in temporal and spatial relation and forecasting and forewarning of the animal diseases, to help in taking necessary control or preventive measures for the specific diseases affecting livestock and poultry during 1987.
The AICRP on ADMAS was later upgraded to Project Directorate on Animal Disease Monitoring and Surveillance (PD_ADMAS) on 1st April, 2000 (during 9th Plan) and AICRP on ADMAS continued to work with ten collaborating units in tandem. Later, realizing the impact of animal disease monitoring and surveillance on our entire livestock sector and to give a boost on this, the PD_ADMAS was upgraded during the 12th Plan as National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics (NIVEDI) from October, 2013.
- We have developed complete website using modern latest Drupal 8 CMS technology, and the back-end programming is done using PHP and mariaDB. complete development is done using PHPSTROME IDE.
- The website tested using Browserstack,SortSite Testing Tool,Jmeter,Codeception for STQC Compliance .
The institute carries out research on the following aspects of livestock health, including:
- Research and development on livestock diseases informatics.
- Understanding specific disease process for rational development of diagnostics and strategic control technologies for livestock diseases including zoonosis.
- Biodiversity of pathogenic microbes.
- Development of systems for forecasting and forewarning of economically important livestock diseases.
- Economics of livestock diseases and health care measures.
- Sero-monitoring of important livestock diseases based on sample frame.
- Investigation of endemic, emerging and re-emerging livestock diseases outbreaks in respective area using innovative technologies.
- Participation / strengthening of national livestock serum bank.
- Participation in strengthening of microbial pathogen repository of PD_ADMAS.
- Utilization of forecasting models through NADRES for forecasting and forewarning of livestock diseases
- Collaborative study on economic losses due to livestock disease and their control measures.
- To identify and carry out the epidemiological surveillance of diseases/pathogens of lab animals and wildlife.